A unique blend of Argon, Carbon Dioxide and Oxygen gas mix (often referred to as a tri-mix or an argon shield) which is easy to use and provides a sound weld at very little cost.
A popular shielding gas, ideally suited for MIG welding, in particular sheet metal and thin sections of mild steel under 7mm in thickness, such as car bodywork and light sheet work. This gas mix offers a great number of benefits over using straight carbon dioxide for welding; it decreases the chances of porosity, welding spatter and oxidation.
- Gas Pressure : 137bar / 2000psi
- Gas Capacity : 1.34 cubic metres
- Water Capacity : 9 litres
- Gas Mix : 93% Argon / 5% Carbon Dioxide / 2% Oxygen
- Cylinder Fitting : BS341 No.3 – G5/8″ BSP RH female
- Suited Material : Carbon Steel
- Max. Weld Depth : 7mm
- Optimum Range : 1mm to 5mm
- Cylinder Height : 840mm
- Cylinder Diameter : 140mm
- Part No. HWMIX5
Download the Hobbyweld 5 safety data sheet here