The Hobbyweld argon cylinder is filled with high purity, high quality gas, enabling us to boast a minimum purity of 99.995%, giving you the best possible results.
Generally used when TIG welding stainless steel, carbon steel and aluminium it can also be used on a MIG welder for aluminium and alloys in conjunction with the correct MIG wire.
Argon is typically suitable for most TIG welding applications providing a capability of welding at any depth. The repair of alloy wheels, farming equipment, vehicle body panels, model work and metals used for aircraft are among many of Argons popular uses.
- Gas Pressure : 137bar / 1987psi
- Gas Capacity : 1.32 cubic metresl
- Water Capacity : 9 litres
- Gas Mix : 99.995% Argon
- Cylinder Fitting : BS341 No.3 – G5/8″ BSP RH female
- Suited Material : Carbon Steel / Aluminium / Stainless
- Optimum Range : 0.5mm to 5mm
- Gas Property: Low thermal conductivity
- Cylinder Height : 840mm
- Cylinder Diameter : 140mm
- Part No. HWARGON
Download the Hobbyweld Argon safety data sheet here