Acetylene is the hottest and most efficient fuel gas on the market, making it the preferred product for many applications.
The number one choice for general welding, cutting and repair applications, it is also the only fuel gas hot enough to weld steel when using our oxygen and acetylene together and flame temperatures can reach an amazing 3500°C (6330°F). You will typically use between 2 to 3 times the amount of oxygen as you would acetylene so don’t let the smaller size of the cylinder put you off. Using a number 5 welding nozzle with this gas canister will typically provide over 5 ½ hours of welding time.
- Gas Pressure : 17.5bar / 254psi
- Gas Capacity : 0.81 cubic metres
- Water Capacity : 5 litres
- Gas Mix : 99.5% Dissolved Acetylene
- Cylinder Fitting : BS341 No.2 – G5/8″ BSP LH female
- Max. Continuous Flow : 162 litres per hour
- Max. Intermittent Flow : 202 litres per hour
- Cylinder Height : 550mm
- Cylinder Diameter : 140mm
- Part No. HWACET
Download the Hobbyweld Acetylene safety data sheet here
Download the Hobbyweld Acetylene safety usage advice here